- Concrete Finisher
- Full Time
- Skilled Labor - Trades
- Wichita, KS
- Due On Experience
- December 5, 2017
- December 5, 2017
- December 5, 2018
Conco Inc., leader in the commercial construction has immediate openings for qualified Concrete Finishers. This position is responsible for leveling, smoothing, shaping, and finishing surfaces of poured concrete, such as floors, walks, sidewalks, roads, or curbs using a variety of hand and power tools.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Aligns forms for sidewalks, curbs, or gutters; patch voids; use saws to cut expansion joints.
- Assists setting grade and line and installs rebar.
- Sets the forms that hold the concrete to use to the desired pitch and depth and align them.
- Inspects the forms that hold the concrete to see that they are properly constructed.
- Spreads, levels and smooths concrete, using rake, shovel, float, and hand/power trowel and/or screed.
- Molds expansion joints and edges, using edging tools, jointers, and straightedge.
- Assist in monitoring the wind, heat, or cold’s effect on the curing of the concrete throughout process.
- Signals truck driver to position concrete truck for pouring of concrete, and moves chute to direct concrete on forms.
- Produces rough concrete surface, using broom and operates power vibrator to compact concrete.
- Mixes cement, sand, and water to produce concrete, grout, or slurry, using hoe, trowel, tamper, scraper, or concrete-mixing machine.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience as craft level finisher in a commercial construction environment.
- Basic knowledge of all facets relating to concrete finishing, to include but not limited to the pouring and curing of concrete as well as the grading and setting of forms according to blueprints.
- Skills relating to this position are acquired informally through extensive concrete finishing experience in a construction environment.
- Familiarity with blueprint reading, layout and level measurement is preferred.
For immediate consideration, click the “Apply Now” button or in person at our office located at 3051 N. Ohio St., Wichita, KS 67219.
Benefits That Are Unique To This Opportunity Are:
- Excellent paying hourly position with opportunities to increase
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401k with matching benefits.
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- Paid Life insurance
- Career stability with a successful company that has over 40 years of quality reputation
Conco is an equal opportunity employer; minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
Conco Construction is recognized as a leader in the commercial construction industry and is the premier source for high-quality construction, a “safety first” workplace attitude, and a family-oriented work environment. Conco employs skilled craftsmen in all trades and provides a steady year round work environment. In addition, Conco provides our employees with an industry leading benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flex Spending Account, 401k, life insurance, and referral incentive program. Above all, Conco provides a work environment that is family oriented and one which continuously gives back to employees. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.