- Iron Work Foreman
- Full Time
- Skilled Labor - Trades
- Wichita, KS
- Due On Experience
- December 5, 2017
- December 5, 2017
- December 5, 2018
Conco Inc., has an immediate opening for a Iron Work Foreman in the Wichita, Kansas area. This is a first line supervisory position responsible for daily supervision and coordination of the erection of structural iron and prefabricated metal buildings for industrial and commercial construction projects. This position is a “working foreman” who actively performs work involved in a project and is responsible for the completion of projects in a safe and timely manner.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Supervises, coordinates, schedules, and inspects work activities of 5-7 craft specific workers to ensure correct methods of construction and that assigned work progresses on schedule.
- Able to read specifications in blueprint, sketches or building plans to prepare for appropriate construction and erection methods of steel framework and/or metal buildings for industrial and commercial projects while monitoring compliance with building and safety codes.
- Reviews project specifications with superintendents, project managers, and contractors in order to plan and coordinate labor, equipment, and material requirements.
- Oversees the raising, placement, and connection of iron/steel girders, columns, and other structural members to form completed structures and prefabricated metal buildings.
- Coordinates the fastening of structural-steel members as well as as the hoisting of the steel beams, grinders, and the columns into approximate positions for bolting into place.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment and stability of structures; of structural-steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, and/or levels.
- Records personnel work hours, production, and operational data on specified forms and reports.
- Trains, evaluates, develops, and mentors craft employees and conducts bi-annual performance reviews.
- Conducts pre-work job site safety inspections and weekly “Tool Box Talks” meetings when required.
- Competent in OSHA regulations and craft specific safety requirements and therefore is able to articulate the relevant safety regulations for the work being performed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-5 years of foreman-supervisory level experience.
- Minimum of 7 or more years of metal Building-Iron work in a commercial construction environment.
- Ability to read blueprints, specifications, layouts, and measurement is preferred.
- Advance knowledge in the direction and installation of the metal building of the metal building framework.
- Must be a self starter who leads by example.
- Adapts to a wide variety of work conditions while exhibiting solid rapport and communication with craft workers & superiors.
- Advanced training and/or certifications in skilled welding is required.
- Training acquired through trade or vocational/technical schools preferred.
For immediate consideration, click the “Apply Now” button or in person at our office located at 3051 N. Ohio St., Wichita, KS 67219.
Benefits That Are Unique To This Opportunity Are:
- Excellent paying hourly position with opportunities to increase
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401k with matching benefits.
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- Paid Life insurance
- Career stability with a successful company that has over 40 years of quality reputation
Conco is an equal opportunity employer; minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
Conco Construction is recognized as a leader in the commercial construction industry and is the premier source for high-quality construction, a “safety first” workplace attitude, and a family-oriented work environment. Conco employs skilled craftsmen in all trades and provides a steady year round work environment. In addition, Conco provides our employees with an industry leading benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flex Spending Account, 401k, life insurance, and referral incentive program. Above all, Conco provides a work environment that is family oriented and one which continuously gives back to employees. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.