- Safety Manager
- Full Time
- Wichita, KS
- Dependent on Experience
- June 19, 2017
- June 19, 2017
- December 19, 2017
Conco Inc., a leader in the commercial construction industry is seeking an experienced Safety Manager with the proven ability to direct and manage an organization’s safety performance within a commercial construction environment. This position is responsible for developing objectives to maintain an effective safety program and compliance with federal, state and local safety regulations. In addition to demonstrated leadership ability, this position requires the ability to provide guidance and comprehensive on-site safety assessments of construction projects while increasing effectiveness of the organization’s safety culture.
Qualifications (Education/Experience) Required:
Qualified candidates must have at least 3 to 5 years of safety management experience in a construction environment and an advanced understanding of local, state, and federal (OSHA) 1926 regulations and compliance requirements. Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health or a closely related field is preferred. OSHA 30 hour and/or OSHA 500 course are also preferred. Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills are required. Must have Valid Driver’s License.
Conco Inc. offers a very competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and a benefits package that includes traditional health and dental insurance, flexible medical reimbursement plan, 401k, and annual performance bonus opportunity. For more detailed company information, please visit us at http://www.concoconstruction.com
Conco – Organization
- Business since 1975 (41 Years)
- Self-Performing Commercial General Contractor
- Organization integrity & values – very strong
- Culture: High Driven – Family Focus, Customer Service, Safety, & Quality
- Business concentrated in 90-mile radius – Extend outside for customers
Conco – Immediate Role
- Guides the organization’s safety culture through strategic safety objectives
- Collaborates with project management and field management staff with preplanning safe work practices & job specific safety requirements
- Conducts comprehensive on-site safety assessments of projects as part of constant monitoring process and ensures corrective measures are implemented.
- Identifies, develops, and implements programs as needed to train all employees in safety practices, site-specific safety requirements, certifications, and/or other OSHA required safety training.
- Primary organization contact for any federal, state and/or municipal safety or risk management authority, including, but not limited to OSHA and risk management representatives.