- Construction Laborer III
- Full Time
- General Labor, Construction
- Wichita, KS
- Due On Experience
- June 1, 2018
- June 1, 2018
- June 1, 2019
Conco Construction has an immediate opening for a Construction Laborer III in the Wichita, KS area. This is an entry level general laborer position. Duties include but are not limited to assisting bricklayers, concrete finishers, carpenters, iron workers and other skilled craftsmen with on-going construction activities.
Essential Functions and responsibilities:
- Operates hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- Digs ditches or trenches, back-fills excavations, compacts and levels earth to grade specifications, and utilizes picks, shovels pneumatic tampers, and rakes.
- Loads, unloads, and identifies building materials, machinery, and tools, and distributes them to the appropriate locations, according to project plans and specifications.
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding, shoring, braces, ramps, and other temporary structures.
- Builds and positions forms for pouring concrete, and dismantles forms after use.
- Cleans and prepares sites, erects scaffolding, and cleans up rubble/debris relating to demolitions.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 0 to 2 years experience as a construction laborer in the commercial construction environment.
- Skills relating to this position are acquired informally through past job experiences performing the tasks of physical labor at construction projects, excavations, and demolition sites.
- Must have knowledge of basic functions relating to all skilled craft work performed in commercial construction environment.
- Understanding of the various types of forklift operations, scaffold erection/safety, and general dirt grading is desired.
For immediate consideration, click the “Apply Now” button or in person at our office located at 3051 N. Ohio St., Wichita, KS 67219
Benefits That Are Unique To This Opportunity Are:
- Excellent paying hourly position with opportunities to increase
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401k with matching benefits.
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- Paid Life insurance
- Career stability with a successful company that has over 40 years of quality reputation
Conco is an equal opportunity employer; minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
Conco Construction is recognized as a leader in the commercial construction industry and is the premier source for high-quality construction, a “safety first” workplace attitude, and a family-oriented work environment. Conco employs skilled craftsmen in all trades and provides a steady year round work environment. In addition, Conco provides our employees with an industry leading benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flex Spending Account, 401k, life insurance, and referral incentive program. Above all, Conco provides a work environment that is family oriented and one which continuously gives back to employees. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.