- Equipment Operator II
- Full Time
- Skilled Labor - Trades
- Wichita, KS
- Due On Experience
- October 4, 2018
- October 4, 2018
- March 5, 2019
Conco Construction has an immediate opening for an Equipment Operator II in the Wichita, Kansas area. This is an intermediate level position that operates several types of power construction equipment, such as motor graders, bulldozers, scrapers, excavators, backhoes, and front-end loaders to excavate, move, and grade earth, erect structures, or pour concrete or other hard surface pavement.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Able to efficiently operate dozer, motor grader, roller, excavator, scraper, front-end loader, bulldozer, and backhoe.
- Verifies location and takes actions to avoid potential hazards and obstructions of underground/overhead utility services such as gas lines, cables, and wires prior to beginning work.
- Knowledge of safety precautions and measures required during a utility line rupture or disruption of service involving electricity, gas, and/or other potentially hazardous utilities.
- Knowledge of excavation safety requirements to include but not limited to soil classification, benching, and shoring of dirt excavations.
- Able to set elevations, cut grade, fine grade, and excavate footings, building pads, parking lots, and basements while safely operating or digging in and around underground/overhead utilities.
- Operates and aligns equipment, cutter heads, or depth gauge makers with the reference stakes and guidelines and/or following the hand signals of other workers.
- Operates and maneuvers equipment equipped with blades in successive passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, and rocks, and to distribute and level earth or terrain.
- Loads and moves dirt, rocks, equipment, and materials, using trucks, loaders, skid steers, excavators, graders, loaders, shovels, or related equipment.
- Knowledge of soil grades and rock classifications and their impact on grade and stability.
- Maintains, lubricates, and performs minor repairs and adjustments to the equipment.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualification:
- Minimum of 2-5 years experience operating a wide range of construction equipment to include but not limited to motor graders, bulldozers, scrapers, excavators, backhoes and front-end loaders.
- Must have an above average knowledge of excavating and grading footings, building pads, parking lots, and other surfaces relating to the commercial construction environment.
- Advance training acquired through on the job experience is preferred.
- General knowledge of grading, setting elevations, layout and blue print reading, layout required.
- High School Diploma
For immediate consideration, click the “Apply Now” button or in person at our office located at 3051 N. Ohio St., Wichita, KS 67219.
Benefits That Are Unique To This Opportunity Are:
- Excellent paying hourly position with opportunities to increase
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401k with matching benefits.
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- Paid Life insurance
- Career stability with a successful company that has over 40 years of quality reputation
Conco is an equal opportunity employer; minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
Conco Construction is recognized as a leader in the commercial construction industry and is the premier source for high-quality construction, a “safety first” workplace attitude, and a family-oriented work environment. Conco employs skilled craftsmen in all trades and provides a steady year round work environment. In addition, Conco provides our employees with an industry leading benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flex Spending Account, 401k, life insurance, and referral incentive program. Above all, Conco provides a work environment that is family oriented and one which continuously gives back to employees. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.