- Form Carpenter I
- Full Time
- Skilled Labor - Trades
- Wichita, KS
- Due On Experience
- March 21, 2018
- March 21, 2018
- March 21, 2019
Conco Construction, a leader in the commercial construction industry is seeking a qualified Form Carpenter I in the Wichita, KS area. This is an advance level position who builds rough wooden structures, such as concrete forms, shoring, scaffolds, supports, and temporary frame shelters, according to form systems, sketches, or blueprints.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities for carpentry work relating to building forms for concrete flatwork and building foundations as well as installing footings and rebar.
- Able to read specifications in blueprints, diagrams, or building plans to determine dimensions of structure, layout, and materials required for construction of forms and/or supports.
- Has advance knowledge of establishing line & grade, figuring concrete pour requirements, and measuring materials or distances, using square, or measuring tape.
- Cuts or saws boards, timbers or plywood to required size, using handsaw, power saw, or table saw.
- Installs rough door and window frames, sub-flooring, fixtures, rebar, or temporary supports in structures undergoing construction or remodel.
- Assembles, fastens, and/or replaces materials to construct wood framework of structures, using bolts, nails, or screws and hand tools.
- Anchors and braces forms and other structures in place, using nails bolts, anchor rods, steel cables, planks, wedges, and timbers. Bores bolts holes in timber, masonry or concrete walls, using power drill.
- Erects forms, framework scaffolds, and/or supports using hand tools, plumb rule, and level.
- Examines structural timbers and supports to detect stability and/or decay by accurately utilizing plumb bob, level, squares, tape measure and lasers.
- Occasionally operates equipment such as a forklifts and skid steer.
- Accurately reviews project specifications to determine appropriate construction methods and monitors compliance with building and safety codes.
- Possess the ability to direct other from carpenters and carry out directions from Carpenter Foreman and General Superintendent.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualification:
- A minimum of 3-7 years experience in building a wide range of form systems and building foundations in a commercial construction environment.
- Advance training acquired through trade and/or certifications in skilled carpentry is preferred.
- Must possess the skills necessary to construct, erect, install, and repair form structures and building foundations.
- General knowledge of various types of forklifts, scaffold safety, blueprint reading, layout, and measurement is preferred.
For immediate consideration, click the “Apply Now” button or in person at our office located at 3051 N. Ohio St., Wichita, KS 67219.
Benefits That Are Unique To This Opportunity Are:
- Excellent paying hourly position with opportunities to increase
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401k with matching benefits.
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- Paid Life insurance
- Career stability with a successful company that has over 40 years of quality reputation
Conco is an equal opportunity employer; minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
Conco Construction is recognized as a leader in the commercial construction industry and is the premier source for high-quality construction, a “safety first” workplace attitude, and a family-oriented work environment. Conco employs skilled craftsmen in all trades and provides a steady year round work environment. In addition, Conco provides our employees with an industry leading benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flex Spending Account, 401k, life insurance, and referral incentive program. Above all, Conco provides a work environment that is family oriented and one which continuously gives back to employees. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.