- Frame Carpenter I
- Full Time
- Skilled Labor - Trades
- Wichita, KS
- Due On Experience
- December 5, 2018
- December 5, 2018
- December 5, 2019
Conco Construction, a leader in the commercial construction industry is seeking a qualified Frame Carpenter I in the Wichita, KS area. This is an advanced level position responsible for carpentry work relating to metal-stud frame work in buildings, erection of partitions, joints, drywalls, and rafters.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Able to read specifications in blueprints, sketches or building plans to prepare project-stud layout and determines dimensions and materials required for new construction and/or remodels.
- Verifies stability of structures; by accurately utilize plumb bob, level, squares, tape measure and lasers.
- Measures, shapes and/or cuts materials, using hand tools, machines, or power saws.
- Builds and installs structures and fixtures, such as cabinets, doors, frameworks, windows, floorings, and trim, or hardware, using carpenter’s hand and power tools.
- Assembles and fastens materials to make framework or supports, suing hand tools and wood screws, nails, dowel pins, or glue.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Occasionally operates equipment such as a Lowell and skid steer.
- Reviews project specifications to determine appropriate construction methods and monitors compliance with building and safety codes.
- Possess the ability to direct other carpenters and carry out directions from Carpenter Foreman and Superintendent.
- Follow establishment safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 7 or more years experience of metal stud framing and drywall in a commercial construction environment.
- Must have an advance knowledge of all facets of the carpentry and drywall trades.
- Advance training acquired through trade and/or certifications in skilled carpentry is preferred.
- Must possess the skills necessary to construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures of metal studs, wood, and sheetrock.
- High school diploma and general knowledge of various types of forklifts, scaffold safety, blue print reading, layout and measurement is preferred.
For immediate consideration, click the “Apply Now” button or in person at our office located at 3051 N. Ohio St., Wichita, KS 67219.
Benefits That Are Unique To This Opportunity Are:
- Excellent paying hourly position with opportunities to increase
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401k with matching benefits.
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- Paid Life insurance
- Career stability with a successful company that has over 40 years of quality reputation
Conco Construction is recognized as a leader in the commercial construction industry and is the premier source for high-quality construction, a “safety first” workplace attitude, and a family-oriented work environment. Conco employs skilled craftsmen in all trades and provides a steady year round work environment. In addition, Conco provides our employees with an industry leading benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flex Spending Account, 401k, life insurance, and referral incentive program. Above all, Conco provides a work environment that is family oriented and one which continuously gives back to employees. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.