- Mason Tender II
- Full Time
- Skilled Labor - Trades
- Wichita, KS
- Due On Experience
- March 21, 2018
- March 21, 2018
- March 21, 2019
Conco Construction, a leader in the commercial construction industry is seeking a qualified Mason Tender II in the Wichita, KS area. This is an intermediate position whose duties include but are not limited to assisting Masons with the supplying or holding of materials or tools, cleaning work area and equipment as well as handling material associated with masonry.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Must possess the ability to operate power tools run by gasoline, electricity, and compressed air as to cut materials to specified sizes for installation, using power saws or tile cutters.
- Assist in the erection of scaffolding or other installation of structures.
- Selects and supplies materials to masons for installation according to drawings or numbered sequences.
- Mixes mortar, plasters, and grouts, manually or by using machines, according to standard formulas.
- Applies grout between joints or bricks or tiles, using grouting trowels, or tools.
- Able to grease and oil machinery on a weekly basis.
- Corrects surface imperfections or fill chipped, cracked or broken bricks or tiles, using filler, adhesives, and grouting materials.
- Modifies materials, moving, mixing, grouting, grinding, polishing, or cleaning procedures according to installation or material requirements.
- Provides assistance in the preparation, installation, repair, and/or rebuilding of brick, or stone surfaces.
- Cleans installation surfaces, equipment, tools, work sites, and storage areas, using water, chemical solutions, oxygen lances, or polishing machines.
- Transport materials, tools, and machines to installation sites, manually or by forklift.
- Follows established safety rules and regulations and maintain a safe and clean environment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- A minimum of 1 to 5 years experience as a Mason Tender in a masonry commercial construction environment.
- Must possess the basic knowledge of all facets of the mason tender trade.
- Basic understanding of the variety of materials involved in masonry as well as the tempering of mortar and operation of mixes and saws.
- Familiarity with various types of forklifts, scaffold erection/safety.
- Blueprint reading, layout and measurement.
- Previous mason tending is required.
For immediate consideration, click the “Apply Now” button or in person at our office located at 3051 N. Ohio St., Wichita, KS 67219.
Benefits That Are Unique To This Opportunity Are:
- Excellent paying hourly position with opportunities to increase
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401k with matching benefits.
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- Paid Life insurance
- Career stability with a successful company that has over 40 years of quality reputation
Conco is an equal opportunity employer; minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
Conco Construction is recognized as a leader in the commercial construction industry and is the premier source for high-quality construction, a “safety first” workplace attitude, and a family-oriented work environment. Conco employs skilled craftsmen in all trades and provides a steady year round work environment. In addition, Conco provides our employees with an industry leading benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flex Spending Account, 401k, life insurance, and referral incentive program. Above all, Conco provides a work environment that is family oriented and one which continuously gives back to employees. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.