- Metal Building Erector
- Full Time
- Skilled Labor - Trades
- Wichita, KS
- Due On Experience
- December 5, 2017
- December 5, 2017
- December 5, 2018
Conco Inc., has an immediate opening for a Metal Building Erector in the Wichita, Kansas area. This is an advanced-level position that possesses the skills necessary to perform the erection of structural iron and prefabricated metal buildings for industrial and commercial projects.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Erects, bolts, rivets, and/or welds fabricated structural metal members that support the structure during and after the construction.
- Raises, places, and unites iron or steel girders, columns, and other structural members of form completed structures or structural frameworks as well as assemble prefabricated metal buildings.
- Utilizes hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, or seams of fabricated metal products.
- Reads specifications and blueprints to determine the location, quantities, and sizes of the material required.
- Verifies vertical and horizontal alignment of structural-steel members, using plumb bobs, laser equipment, transits, and/or levels.
- Connects columns, beams, and girders with bolts, following blueprints and instructions from supervisors.
- Hoists steel beams, girders, and columns into place, using cranes, or signal hoisting equipment operators to lift and position structural-steel members.
- Bolt aligns structural-steel members in position for permanent riveting, bolting, or welding into place.
- Rides on girders or other structural-steel members to position them, or use rope to guide them into position.
- Fabricates metal parts such as steel frames, columns, beams, and girders, according to blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
- Fastens structural-steel members to hoist cables, rope and/or pulls, pushes, or pries structural-steel members into approximate position for bolting into place.
- Cuts, bends, and weld steel pieces, using metal shears, torches, and welding equipment.
Knowledge, Skills, & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 2-5 years or more experience in Metal Building or commercial construction environment.
- Advance training and/or certifications in skilled welding is required.
- Training acquired through trade or vocational/technical schools preferred.
- Familiarity with blueprint reading, layout and measurement is preferred.
For immediate consideration, click the “Apply Now” button or in person at our office located at 3051 N. Ohio St., Wichita, KS 67219.
Benefits That Are Unique To This Opportunity Are:
- Excellent paying hourly position with opportunities to increase
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- 401k with matching benefits.
- Excellent Medical/Dental/Prescription plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care expenses
- Paid Life insurance
- Career stability with a successful company that has over 40 years of quality reputation
Conco is an equal opportunity employer; minorities and females are encouraged to apply.
Conco Construction is recognized as a leader in the commercial construction industry and is the premier source for high-quality construction, a “safety first” workplace attitude, and a family-oriented work environment. Conco employs skilled craftsmen in all trades and provides a steady year round work environment. In addition, Conco provides our employees with an industry leading benefits package that includes Health, Dental, Flex Spending Account, 401k, life insurance, and referral incentive program. Above all, Conco provides a work environment that is family oriented and one which continuously gives back to employees. In compliance with Federal and State equal employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job related disability, or any other protected group status.