- Vice President, Human Resources
- Full Time
- Executive (Exempt)
- Wichita, KS
- Due On Experience
- October 12, 2018
- October 12, 2018
- October 12, 2019
Conco Construction, a leader in the commercial construction industry is seeking an experienced Vice President of Human Resources with the proven ability to strategically direct and manage employee-related programs in order to attract and retain best-in-class employees. This position is responsible for leading the company’s recruitment and retention programs while executing strategic leadership to drive change and grow the human resources organization and people processes to support our rapid growth. This position will lead and manage all aspects of human resources, including employee recruitment, total rewards programs, performance management and learning and development programs, while ensuring compliance with local, state and federal employment laws. In addition to demonstrated leadership ability, this position requires the ability to provide guidance as a strategic business partner to deliver results at a high level of effectiveness within a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partners with executive leadership team to drive planning to recruit, hire, develop and retain best-in-class talent.
- Leads, mentors, and develops a best-in-class team of HR professionals.
- Directs recruitment programs, including managing relationships with educational partners.
- Designs total rewards programs and communicates total rewards philosophy. Continually assesses and ensures competitiveness of compensation, benefits and other programs.
- Designs and continually assesses performance management systems.
- Facilitates learning and development programs in coordination with field and office management.
- Creates and implements innovative approaches and strategies that differentiate the company’s employee experience from competitors.
- Works with leadership to define and implement internal communications processes and tools.
- Enables other leaders within the organization to identify, nurture, develop, and support development of leadership skills and future leaders.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an effective listener and problem solver of people issues. Ensures that people issues are identified and resolved quickly.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business operations and systems, processes, departments, and functions to analyze the company’s organizational design and to provide ongoing direction and best practices for organizing and managing the business.
- Continuously monitors and makes recommendations regarding compliance with federal, state, local and other employment regulations. Maintains knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and issues.
- Manages the budget and other financial measures of the HR department.
- Leads internal insurance claim management efforts (workers compensation, general liability, automobile liability & builder’s risk), reviews claims and coordinates loss control activities with safety team to develop appropriate action plans.
Qualifications (Education & Experience) Required:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience directing an organization’s human resource functions, preferably in the commercial construction industry operating as a closely held entity.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or equivalent is required with a strong preference for a master’s degree and HR certification.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of employment laws and strategic employee program design and management.
- General knowledge of safety related OSHA, federal, state, and local regulatory standards is helpful.
- Competency in MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel and HRIS is expected.
- Bilingual (Spanish), preferred.
- Strong collaboration skills required.
Conco Construction offers a very competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and a benefits package that includes traditional health and dental insurance, flexible medical reimbursement plan, 401(k), and annual performance bonus opportunity.
How to Apply:
For immediate & confidential consideration: Email resume to email@example.com or apply directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Conco Construction, est. 1975, is one of the top 5 general contractors headquartered in Central Kansas. We moved to our new headquarters in 2015. Our 24-acre site gives us room to grow and serve the deepest backlog in the history of our company. We believe two things differentiate our firm: our development of people and our ability to self-perform work.
Every company has its own language and does things a certain way. Conco Construction is a total rewards company from market-competitive wages to industry leading benefits and features designed to promote physical and financial health. We are invested in the success of our 180+ person team. We are sincerely interested in career satisfaction and the intentional development of all employees.